WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THIS DOCUMENTS?
Exness Global Ltd is a “data controller” which means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you. You are being notified about this privacy notice because you are applying for work with us (whether as an employee, worker or contractor). It makes you aware of how and why your personal data will be used, namely for the purposes of the recruitment exercise, and how long it will usually be retained for. It provides you with certain information that must be provided under the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (GDPR).
Your privacy is important to us, and we are committed to protecting and safeguarding your data privacy rights.This Privacy Notice applies to the personal data of our candidates, worker or contractor, and other people whom we may contact in order to find out more about our candidates or whom they indicate as a referee.We may amend this Privacy Notice from time to time. Therefore, please visit this this page if you want to stay up to date as we will post any changes here.
We will comply with data protection law and principles, which means that your data will be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way;
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes;
- Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes;
- Accurate and kept up to date;
- Kept only as long as necessary for the purpose we have told you about;
- Kept securely.
THE KIND OF INFORMATION WE HOLD ABOUT YOU?
In connection with your application for work with us, we will collect, store and use the following categories of personal information about you:
- The information you have provided on our application form, including name, surname and email;
- The information you have provided in your curriculum vitae or letter of intent along with any photos and comments relevant to the application;
- Any information you provide to us during an interview including information in the recommendation letter;
- Accurate and kept up to date;
- Any information included as part of the application process, such as test results (grades, diplomas etc)
We may collect some or all of the information listed below to enable us to offer you employment opportunities which are tailored to your circumstances and your interests:Name, contact details, education details, employment history, referee details, immigration status (whether you need a work permit), details about your current remuneration, pensions and benefits arrangements, information on your interests and needs regarding future employment, extra information that you choose to tell us, extra information that your referees choose to tell us about you.We need a small amount of information from our Workers and Contractors to ensure that things run smoothly. We need contact details of relevant individuals at your organisation so that we can communicate with you. We also need other information such as your bank details so that we can pay for the services you provide (if this is part of the contractual arrangements between us).
If you would like a more detailed description of the personal data that we collect about you, please see further below in this document.
HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED?
We collect personal information about candidates from the following sources:
- You, the candidate
- You, the worker or contractor
- Executive Search and Recruitment Agencies, from which we collect the following categories of data: CV and contact details
- Your named referees, from whom we collect the following categories of data: your CV and contact details
- If you “like” our page on Facebook or LinkedIn or “follow” us on Instagram we will receive your personal information from those sites.
HOW WE WILL USE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We will use the personal information we collect about you to:
- Assess your skills, qualifications and suitability for the work or role you have applied for;
- Carry out background and reference checks, where applicable;
- Communicate with you about the recruitment process;
- Keep records related to our hiring processes;
- Comply with legal and regulatory requirements;
- To help us to establish, exercise and defend legal claims;
- Store your details on our database, so that we can contact you in relation to recruitment.
We will not process your data for sending you targeted, relevant marketing materials or other communication which we may considered it to be of interest to you. For marketing related activities, we will require your specific consent.
It is our legitimate interests to decide whether to appoint you to (role or work) since it would be beneficial to our business to appoint someone to that (role or work).
We also need to process your personal information to decide whether to enter into a contract of service or contract for services with you.
Having received your CV and/or letter of intent, we will then process that information to decide whether you meet the basic requirements to be shortlisted for the role. If you do, we will decide whether your application is strong enough to invite you for an interview. If we decide to call you for an interview, we will use the information you provide to us at the interview to decide whether to offer you the role (or work). If we decide to offer you the role (or work), we will then take up references before confirming your appointment.
IF YOU FAIL TO PROVIDE PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you fail to provide information when requested, which is necessary for us to consider your application (such as evidence of qualification or work history), we will not be able to process your application successfully. For example, if we require references for this role and you fail to provide us with the relevant details, we will not be able to take your application further.
We envisage that we will not process information about criminal convictions for the purpose of recruitment.
AUTOMATED DECISION MAKING
You will not be subject to decisions that will have a significant impact on you based solely on automated decision-making
Why might you share my personal information with third parties?
We will only share your personal information with any member of our group, with search consultancy, and tax, audit, or other authorities for the purposes of processing your application. All our third-party service providers and other entities in the group are required to take appropriate security measures to protect your personal information in line with our policies. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes. We only permit them to process your personal data for specific purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and third-parties who have a business need-to-know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. Details of these measures may be obtained by sending an email to [email protected]
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
How long will you use my information for?
We will retain your personal information for a period of 12 months after we have communicated to you our decision about whether to appoint you to (role or work). We retain your personal information for that period so that we can show, in the event of a legal claim, that we have not discriminated against candidates on prohibited grounds and that we have conducted the recruitment exercise in a fair and transparent way. After this period, we will securely destroy your personal information in accordance with our data retention policy.
If we wish to retain your personal information on file, on the basis that a further opportunity may arise in future and we may wish to consider you for that, we will write to you separately, seeking your explicit consent to retain your personal information for a fixed period on that basis.
RIGHTS OF ACCESS, CORRECTION, ERASURE, AND RESTRICTION
Your rights in connection with personal information
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, you contact us at [email protected]
Contacting us about this Privacy Notice or making a complaint
If you have any queries about the content of this Privacy Notice, or wish to inform us of a change or correction to your personal data, would like a copy of the data we collect on you or would like to raise a complaint or comment, please contact us using the details set out below.
Tel: 25 245 730
Address: 1 Siafi Street, Business Center, Office 401, 3042, Limassol, Cyprus
If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with our supervisory authority, the Office of the Commissioner for Personal Data Protection (the “Commissioner”) details below:
Address: 1 Iasonos str., 1082 Nicosia
P.O.Box 23378, 1682 Nicosia,
Tel: +357 22818456
Email: [email protected]
Further information is available on the Commissioner website at http://www.dataprotection.gov.cy